NAPA Challenge 2017
Comic Relief Red Nose Day is on Friday 24th March 2017 and so is the start of NAPA’s Sing a Song Challenge.
At 3 pm on that day NAPA will invite every care setting in the UK to sing the same song together.
The song is……… Sing, by The Carpenters. Just imagine the impact of that if thousands of care settings join in. To make it even more fun, as laughter matters, we would also like you to invite the community along to sing with you. And once you have sung the song, which won’t take long, extend the fun with a tea party and joke telling session. If you can raise a few pennies for Red Nose Day at the same time then so much the better. A mufti day for staff is an easy option but they could choose to make donations for the number of jokes shared or guess the number of singers on the day.
Ask your Chef to look out for an amazing pack from Unilever Food Solutions which has lots of useful materials to help make your sing a song session go really well. Once you have finished your Sing a Song event find your Sing a Song postcard, fill it in and pop it in the post. All completed postcards received by the 12th April will go into the prize draw; the winner will receive £250!
We hope that you will want to Carry on Singing and to encourage you to do
that we have a £1000 prize for the best entry. This is how you can win it.
1. Arrange a series of short singing sessions with your local community connections from April through to June.
2. Be innovative about where and how this might happen. Perhaps you could take residents to the local senior school or college rather than have them visit you. Of course you can stay in your home and invite lots of different groups in.
3. Connect with the community in public settings. Could you sing in the local bandstand, on the beach or in the shopping centre.
4. Get local people to join in and support your singing.
5. Choose a few songs that your residents really enjoy singing, but please make sure they are from the 1950s onwards.
6. Print lots of large-print song sheets to hand out.